Dining sideboard, also known as a buffet or credenza, is a useful piece of furniture to have in your dining room. It not only provides additional storage space for your dining essentials, such as dinnerware and linens, but it can also serve as a decorative piece to enhance the overall look of your dining space. However, with so many different styles and designs available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your home. Here are some things to consider when selecting a dining sideboard for your home:
- Consider the size of your dining room. Before you start shopping for a sideboard, measure the space where you plan to put it. This will give you an idea of the size and shape of sideboard that will fit comfortably in your dining room. Keep in mind that a sideboard should be proportionate to the size of your dining table and chairs. With Anne Quinn you can customize the size of the sideboard to fit your space perfectly.
Monticello Sideboard – Handstone – Maple, Smooth Finish, Vintage Silver Stain – 2 Wood Doors 5 Drawers – H23 Hardware
- Think about the function of the sideboard. Dining sideboards can serve many different purposes, from storing dinnerware and linens to displaying decorative items and serving food. Consider how you plan to use your sideboard and choose one that has the right number and size of drawers, cabinets, and shelves to meet your needs. Our suppliers offer a wide variety of configurations so you can choose the one that works best for you. The shelves are also adjustable, so can set up the shelves to best suite your needs.
Handstone Laguna Sideboard – 1 Glass Door, 3 Drawers and 2 Glass Adjust Shelves – 48-1/4″W x 18″D x 34″H
- Consider the style of your dining room. A dining sideboard should complement the overall design and aesthetic of your dining room. If your dining room has a modern or minimalist look, a sleek and simple sideboard with clean lines and a monochromatic color scheme may be more appropriate. Our suppliers have sideboard designs that match dining our dining tables.
- Choose the right material. Dining sideboards are typically made of wood, but there are many different types of wood to choose from, each with its own unique characteristics and grain patterns. Some of the more popular choices are Maple, Oak and Cherry. Consider the color and texture of the wood, as well as its durability and maintenance requirements, when choosing a material for your dining sideboard.
Handstone Algoma Sideboard – Maple, Heritage Finish, Platinum Stain – 72″Wx38″Hx18-5/8″D – H29 Handles
- Consider the wood and the finish. The finish of a dining sideboard can have a big impact on its overall appearance and durability. Some common finishes include natural wood, stained wood or painted wood. The lighter wood finishes allow the beauty of the wood grain to show through, while stained wood finishes add color to the piece. Painted wood finishes can be used to create a bold, colorful look, while lacquered finishes provide a glossy, smooth finish that is easy to clean and maintain. If you are getting a dining set, it’s ideal to get the table and sideboard stained together, so everything matches perfectly.
Handstone Monticello Sideboard – white paint finish
Think about the hardware. The hardware on a dining sideboard, such as the handles and knobs on the drawers and cabinets, can add a decorative touch to the piece. Choose hardware that complements the style and finish of your dining sideboard, and consider the use of use of the hardware when making your selection.
Lots of hardware options with our suppliers
In conclusion, choosing the right dining sideboard for your home involves considering several factors, including the size and function of the piece, the style and material of the piece, the finish and hardware of the piece, and the overall aesthetic of your dining room. Take the time to carefully consider each of these factors, and you will be sure to find a dining sideboard that fits your needs and enhances the look of your dining space.
Visit our sideboard page to see the many sideboard offerings. After you selected the one you like book your appointment today to visit the Anne Quinn showroom, where we have several sideboards on display. Our knowledgeable reps help you choose the best sideboard for your space.
Anne Quinn Showroom