What Kind of Dining Chairs Are Best for You?
One element that could make or break these spaces is dining chairs when it comes to dining rooms. As you choose which dining chairs would best suit your room, style plus comfort and functionality is the formula that sets your area apart from others.
You might want to go for the classic look that matches your dining table and the rest of your glassware and other dining room ornaments. Or perhaps, you prefer something experimental by mixing and matching different colors and textures as you go dining chair shopping.
To help you choose among the popular and stylish dining chairs out in the market, here is a guide to help you pick among the choices that would best suit your fancy:
- Armchair – This is the go-to for those who prefer comfort, especially when eating during meal times in the dining area or having a quick chit-chat with your friends and family over tea. A straight back characterizes this style, with side features supporting the arms and back as the user sits down.
- Side Chair – Side chairs are usually placed on the sides of formal dining tables. Unlike how armchairs are made, side chairs do not have side support intended for people who would like to rest their arms. Nonetheless, this style gives more space for the speaker to move around and face his body to any side.
- Wood – For those who like to have a minimalist touch for your dining area, wooden chairs offer a timeless and classic aesthetic to your space. Not only that, but it is also an eco-friendly choice and gives that homey and laid-back vibe to your dining set.
- Upholstered – If you want to elevate your dining room set up with a more sophisticated choice of seating, then upholstered chairs are a perfect choice. It brings style to your whole dining arrangement, but it also provides comfort to your household and guests who would want to rest on them.
- Metal – For a sleek, chic look – metal chairs are the ideal selection for you. With that rustic, industrial edge, the smooth texture will give your room that high-end coffee shop feels that your guests will appreciate. Metal chairs also need less maintenance as any spillage can be easily wiped off and cleaned from its surface.
- Leather – Need a sophisticated chair yet laid back at the same time? Then consider getting yourself leather-covered chairs. Leather is a durable option that may elevate the look of your whole dining table set. It also serves as a versatile decorating option if you want to order a lone chair that you can place beside any other decorative ornament in the room, such as a lamp or a big potted plant.
Back Styles for Chairs
- Solid Back – For those who prioritize back support and comfort, a dining chair with a solid back is the go-to selection. This straightforward design ensures comfort and stability to any user and often features different formats since it does not have slants or cutouts on its surface.
- Tufted Back – Upholstered dining chairs often bear this design, characterized by tufting buttons to give that classy, posh look to the seating that would complement a sophisticated dining setup. The soft cushion that goes along with the tufted design is also a massive plus for those who want to be seated comfortably.
- Open Back – If you want to have a unique set of dining chairs, open back styles are the perfect options. You can choose from various selections that feature cutouts of the back of the chair.
- Slat Back – This is a variety of the open back chair, where instead of different designs of cutouts, you have vertical slats that are featured as the design of the whole back. Some chair designers also do horizontal slats. Either way, both designs will add a unique sense of style to your dining space.
Finding the perfect seating for your dining set is no easy task. However, with proper research and depending on your vision and budget for your ideal dining set, you may be able to pick the seating that would best reflect your creativity and style preference. Hopefully, this guide helps you in your dining chair shopping experience.